Thursday, February 6, 2014

On a seriously sweet note...

Let me be honest, being a mother is a full time job. Being the mother of a child with a life threatening medical condition is like being a Mom on crack. Most nights your up checking blood sugars, treating lows, treating highs, checking equipment, changing pump sites. It's a non stop, sleep deprived life. And, like that of any mother, it's typically thankless.

Except when it's not.

Yesterday morning, after a particularly bad night, my son woke up and randomly said, "You know Mom, I don't think of you as just a Mom. You're also a wonderful nurse who knows all about diabetes and I love that!"

That small statement told me that I am doing everything right because I am doing all I can and the fact that he recognized that filled my heart with joy and gave me the energy to do it all over again. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment